- The Pioneers - Teenagers 14 to 17 -
8-13 year old
14-17 year old: The Pioneers
How to reach us
The old timers
• A special 27 day program is offered to teenagers 14 to 17. Its main activity is an 8 to 17 day hiking trip to the Appalachian Trail. The program offers teenagers a challenge that is up to their abilities and aspirations. The renowned Appalachian Trail extends from Georgia to Maine along 2000 miles of rugged and beautiful wilderness.
• During their stay at our summer camp, all pioneers groups identify and realize, with their own hands, a project that will enhance the camp's infrastructure and help younger campers. It is a unique way to leave a "mark" of their stay at Camp Tekakwitha
• Naturally, teenagers have access to all the sports and other activities offered on site.
• Each of the 10 pioneer groups is under the supervision of two senior consellors. Those adults will accompany each group during their stay and act as guides on the Appalachian Trail.
• Teenagers have their own site on camp.
• The Pioneers sector, an ideal program that offers teenagers a unique experience, a challenge that each and everyone will be proud to undertake. A group experience that will produce strong and lasting relationship in an ideal nature environment!