8-13 year old
14-17 year old
How to reach us
The old timers
• For more than 65 years, camp Tekakwitha, a french-speaking camp in Maine, has retained a family atmosphere by welcoming small groups. No more than 120 campers, age 8 to 13 and 72 teenagers, age 14 to 17 are present during a session. Teenagers, called "Pioneers", are regrouped in their own sector but are still an integral part of camp life.
• Camp Tekakwitha offers a wide variety of activities that take full advantage of its magnificent nature surroundings. In addition, a lot of special events such as a day at the ocean, camping, circus, Olympics etc. are part of the program
• The Pioneers stay centers on a 7 to 17 day hike on the famous Appalachian Trail. This offers a challenge that every teenager will be proud to undertake.
• All campers and Pioneers are housed with their counselor in cabins in groups of 10 to 12.
• Camp Tekakwitha's staff has always been selected in accordance with very high standards. Each and everyone must have the children's particular needs as their constant concern. A ratio of more than one staff member for every three children is attained.
Camp Tekakwitha is inspected by authorities from the state of Maine and by the Quebec Camp Association. Camp Tekakwitha has always been given the very highest marks by both organizations.
75% of our campers do come back. It is one of the highest return rate of any summer camp!fr
All our staff and the majority of children being french-speaking, this is the perfect summer camp if you are looking for a french environment. However, our major concern being the well being of the campers attending the camp, we feel that they should have a basic knowledge of the french language in order to enjoy their stay.